½ kg chicken liver cut into medium size pieces
2-3 medium size onion finely chopped
1 medium size tomatoes pureed
1 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 small stick of cinnamon
Few coarsely ground peppercorn
1 black cardamom
½ tablespoon garam masala/meat masala
½ cup yogurt
- Start with marinating chicken liver with yogurt, turmeric and red chili powder and keep it aside for 15mins minimum.
- Now heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, cardamom, peppercorns and cinnamon stick. Once they splutter add chopped onion and fry until golden brown. Keep mixing in between.
- Now add ginger garlic paste to it and give a nice mix. Once it’s slightly cooked add tomatoes puree and mix again.
- Once the mixture starts releasing some oil add turmeric powder, chili powder and coriander powder to it and mix well.
- Add marinated chicken liver to the end once masala/paste is properly done. Because liver cooks very quickly and gets mashed up if cooked for long.
- Cook until liver is nice and tender. This would take about 5 mins on high. You could add some water to it if the mixture is quiet thick. And cook for few more mins.
- Serve hot with rice or chapattis