1 cup Basmati Rice or long grain rice
Veggies- Potatoes, broccoli, onion, carrot, beans and coriander leaves
Mushrooms, paneer and bread crumbs (Optional)
1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
Half 2 small size tomatoes puréed
3-5 tsp Oil
Salt to taste
Red chili powder
1 Cinnamon stick
1 Black cardamom
- Soak Rice in water for 15-20 mins and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pressure cooker or a cooking pan. Add cinnamon stick, black cardamom, peppercorns and cumin seeds and roast them until you get nice aroma.
- Now add chopped Onion and sauté them well. After they are slight brown add ginger garlic paste and tomatoes puree and cook stirring it in-between until it releases some oil.
- Add salt, coriander powder, red chili powder and mix well.
- Add rice, mix well and close the lid. Keep it aside once done.
- Now meantime in a different frying pan or kadhai add some oil and fry all your veggies one by one. You can also add bread cut into small rectangular pieces or into four pieces and deep try.
- You can also fry mushrooms if you are adding them.
- In the end add all the fried veggies and crumbs to your pulao.
- Garnish it with chopped green Coriander leaves.