1 cup maida (All purpose flour)
1 tablespoon sooji (semolina)
½ cup khoya/khoa/Mava
3 tablespoon Oil/Ghee
Some oil for deep frying
½ cup sugar
Chopped almonds, pistachio and cashews
- Mix maida, semolina, 3 tablespoon of oil/ghee and little bit of water to knead into a soft dough. Cover it and keep it aside for 15-20mins
- Now heat pan in a low flame and add dry fruits, khoya, sugar and mix them well until everything is mashed up together. It will be slightly sticky for some time. Don’t cook longer.
- Keep it aside until it cools down
- Now make small balls of the dough you prepared and roll it to a Puri shape
- Fill your puri with the koya mixture and press the edges of the it and seal it well by using milk or water
- You can make some design at edges with the fork
- Deep fry gujia in medium heat until golden brown. Don’t fry on high heat else your gujia will soft and not crisp.
- Serve as a snack or sweet dish during festivals