1 kg chicken(prefrebbly chicken thigh or breast)
4 large finely diced onion
3-4 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
1/2 cup almonds(optional)
2 cups basmati rice
1 cup yoghurt
4-5 spoon Cooking Oil or tablespoon ghee
1" stick of cinnamon
3 pods cardamom
2 teaspoon coriandar powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
Salt to taste
3 drops of food coloring(Optional)
1. Keep almonds in the hot water to remove its skin easily.After few mins remove the skin and combine it with ginger garlic and grind it to a smoothe paste.
2.Parallely cook basmati rice in a seprate pressure cooker or deep pan with lid.
3. Heat 3-4 tablespoon of oil in a pan and fry two finely chopped onions until golden brown. Drain and keep it aside for later use.
4. Now add few more drops of oil in the same pan and add whole spices- cinnamon, cloves, pepper, cardomom etc. Fry them until you get nice aroma.
5. Now add two more finelly chopped onions and saute them until they are golden brown and tender. Now add ginger garlic almond paste to it and cook for 3mins.
6.Add salt, cumin powder, coriandar powder and garam masala and mix well. fry until the masala releases some oil.
7.Now add chicken pecies to it and mix well. Cook until its nicely roasted with masala in the pan.
8. Now add the yoghurt, lime juice, coriandar leave(if you like)and salt. Mix well.
9.Cover your pan and cook until the chicken is tender.
10.If you are using the food coloring, divide the rice into 3 equal portions and put into separate dishes for 10mins after mixing.
11.Now grease a deep baking pan and evenly layer the cooked rice, meat and its masala in multiple layer and cover it with alluminum foil.
12. Put it in the pre-heated oven on 350 F or 180 C or on gas on medium heat for 20mins.
13. After its cooked, open the seal only when ready to eat. you can serve it with Raita or plain sour yoghurt whatever you like.