Chicken- 1 kg
Plain yogurt/thick Curd- 150 ml
Cashews/Almonds whichever you like or available- 50gms
Cinnamon- 1/2 stick
1-2 Bay leaves- fresh or dried
4 Green cardamom
Ginger and garlic paste 1 tablespoon
1 big diced tomato
2 chopped onions
4 tablespoon Fresh cream (optional)
Chilli powder- 1 teaspoon or as desired or colored chilli powder.
Garam masala powder- 1teaspoon
Salt as per taste
Oil- 1-2 tablespoon
Butter- 2 cubes
1/2 cup water
- Use drilled chicken or Grill your chicken (refer recipe: http://foodfunfreak.blogspot.com.au/2011/05/tandori-chickendesi-roasted-chicken.html or http://foodfunfreak.blogspot.com.au/2010/12/perri-perri-grilled-chicken.html whichever you like). Point to use any grilled chicken to get authentic butter chicken taste.
- For curry: Heat oil in a pan add bay leave,cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, wait for some aroma to come.
- Now add chopped onions and fry until golden brown.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and diced tomatoes and cook until you see everything mixed up nicely together and start releasing some oil.
- Add cashew/almond paste and cook for 2-3 mins. Stir it continuously, make sure it doesn't burn.
- Add salt, garam masala, coriander powder and chilli powder/ colored chillies and mix well.
- Now add yogurt/thick curd and cook for 5 mins.
- Add your tandori chicken/grilled chicken pieces to your curry and cook until curry is thickened.
- Top it with melted butter and garnish with fresh cream( optional), kasuri methi/coriandar leaves
- Serve hot with parathas, chapati, roti or rice....yummmm!!