1 large Cauliflower- cut int florets
1 teaspoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon garlic paste
Salt and pepper powder to taste
Chilli power 1/2 teaspoon
Oil for deep frying
1/2 cup Maida/ All purpose flour
1/4 cup corn starch/ flour
1 tablespoon rice flour
Water as needed
For the Sauce
1 tablespoon oil
1 finely chopped red onion
1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste(optional)
chopped green chillies(optional)
2 tablespoon tomato sauce
1 tablespoon chilli sauce
2 tablespoon soya sauce
1/2 tablespoon vinegar(optional)
sugar and salt to taste
spring onions or coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Marinate the cauliflower with ginger garlic paste, salt, chilli powder and keep up aside for min 15-20 mins.
- Take a bowl and add all purpose flour to which add corn flour, rice flour, black pepper and salt, mix well.
- Now with little bit of water mix everything together and keep adding water little at a time to get the right consistency to get a smooth batter without any lumps.
- Now add this batter to the marinate you prepared and mix everything well to quote the batter well on to all the florets.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Start deep frying all the florets in batches.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Now prepare the sauce by adding little bit of oil in a pan and add chopped onions.
- cook until they become translucent and ginger garlic paste to it and mix.
- Now add all the sauces- chilli sauce, soya sauce, tomato sauce etc and mix well.
- add salt and sugar to it and give it a good mix.
- Garnish it with spring onion or coriander leaves
- do your own presentation and serve it hot and crisp as an appetizer and I am sure your guests are gonna love it!!! :-)