Ingredients for Curry:
1 cup chopped or pureed tomatoes
1 tablespoon gram flour (besan)
2 tablespoon yogurt
salt to taste
pinch of read chilli powder
pinch of turmeric powder
pinch of asafetida
1 teaspoon coriander powder
chopped fresh coriander to garnish
Refer my previous recipe :
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add the asafetida, cumin seeds and gram flour (basen). Stir-fry for a minutes.
- Once its done add tomato puree and cook until everything becomes a nice paste
- Now add salt, red chili powder, coriander powder and cook until tomato mixture starts leaving the oil and reduces to about half in quantity.
- Now add yogurt and cook for another minute.
- Add about 1½ cups of water and the salt. As it comes to boil reduce the heat to medium-low and let the gravy cook for few minutes.
- Finally add your dumplings to it and close the lid for few mins so that your dumplings can absorb some curry and become soft and garnish with green coriander.
- Serve with chapati, paratha, roti, bread or rice