2 cups All purpose flour/Maida
1 cup Split Moong dal
Salt to taste
Pinch of turmeric powder (for color)
Chili powder (optional)
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1/2 tbsp Onion seeds/Kalongi
water as required
Oil for deep frying
1. Wash the moong dal in cold water and pressure cooker it in half a cup of water.
2. Now make a parcel(potli) of the all purpose flour with the muslin cloth and steam it with 1 cup of water in a small vessel or Idli steamer or steam it in a microwave.
3. Take a large bowl, add steamed moong dal and all purpose flour, salt, sesame seeds, onion seeds, turmeric powder and knead it to a soft dough. If for some reason the dough is hard you may add little bit of Luke warm water and knead it to a soft dough.
4. Now put the dough balls into the chakli maker/mould and make it into a wheel shape.
5. Deep fry it until golden brown.
You can make this during Indian festivals or as a tea time snack.