• 1/3 cup all purpose flour (Maida)
• 1/3 cup fine semolina (Sooji/suji)
• 1/2 cup gram flour (Besan)
• Pinch of baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon green cardamom seed coarsely powder (ilaichi powder)
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 1 tablespoon sliced almond/pistachoi
1. Pre heat the oven to 375 degree.
2. In a bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, gram flour, sooji, baking soda and cardamom powder and set aside.
3. Let the butter come to the room temperature (butter should be soft not melted)
4. Add butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat for two to three minutes until light and fluffy.
5. Add the flour mix to butter and sugar mixture and knead them together to make smooth dough.
6. Divide the dough into about 24 equal parts and make them into balls.
7. Press each ball between your palms lightly; every piece should be about 3/4″ in thickness.
8. With a sharp knife softly draw some design on the top and put few pieces of almonds and pistachios and press them into the dough gently.
9. Put biscuits on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for about 13 to 15 minutes or until your biscuits are lightly gold brown.
10. After they are lightly golden brown remove the cookie sheet from the oven. Let the biscuits cool down for two to three minutes before taking them off the cookie sheet.