Fresh Paneer Slab or 200 gms Frozen Paneer(cottage cheese)
2 Medium size Onions Paste
1 tsp spoon ginger garlic paste
Few Green chilies paste( your choice)
1/2 tsp Pepper Powder or coarsely ground peppercorns
1 Bay leaf
2 Cinnamon sticks
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
3/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
1/2 cup Cream/whipped Cream or Malai
1/4 cup Dry fruits (Cashew Nuts (only) or Cashew, makhane, pistachio )
1/2 cup Milk
8-10 tbsp Vegetable Oil
Chopped coriander and shredded paneer for garnish
Salt to taste
• Heat oil in a Pan. Fry medium size cut paneer cubes in a medium heat until light brown. Keep it aside.
• Now sauté cloves, peppercorns, cinnamon and bay leaf until you get nice aroma out of it.
• Sauté the dry fruits in one tablespoon of oil.
• Fry onion, ginger, garlic and green chili paste together in the remaining oil until golden brown and oil starts separating.
• Add salt, red chili powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder and Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
• Add milk to make the gravy. Bring the gravy to boil. Reduce the heat and cook until the gravy becomes thick.
• Put a portion of the dry fruits in the gravy while it is being cooked. Keep the rest of dry fruits for decorating.
• Finally add paneer cubes and cream. Cook it for 5 minutes in low flame so that cream doesn’t get completely cooked but just gets heated up. Now sprinkle some garam malasa and close the lid.
• Garnish Shahi paneer with cream and dry fruits and coriander leaves and shredded paneer.