1 medium size bowl of cooked rice(sushi rice or normal sticky rice)
4 Nori sheets
1/2 tablespoon Vinegar
Salt to taste
1 Sliced avocado
2 scrambled eggs
1. Add vinegar, sugar and salt. whisk to combine.
2. heat or microwave for 10 seconds or until sugar dissolves.
For Rice stuffing:
1. Take the freshly cooked rice and add the seasoning to it. Mix it gently to avoid mashing the rice.
2. Now cover the rice and let it sit until it comes to the room temperature. Do not refrigerate.
Roll the Sushi:
Traditionally Sushi rolls are rolled with the help of bamboo mat but if you do not have one like me. Follow the below steps:
1. Place the shiny side down of a single nori sheet onto the wet plastic chopping board.
2. Spread 3/4 to 1 cup of cooked sushi rice over the nori sheet to cover the entire surface except for a 1- inch edge on two opposite ends of the nori sheet.
3. Place the sushi fillings across the center of the rice parallel to the two edges without rice and carefully roll your sushi with wet hands applying firm and even pressure along the length of the roll.
4. Stop rolling when the last 1 inch of nori remains.
5. Dab water along the nori strip to moisten and pull it up and over the sushi roll, pressing it in place to make it stick to the rest of the roll and seal the roll.
6. Use a sharp knife to cut the roll into six to eight pieces, and turn the pieces on their sides for serving.
7. Serve with soy sauce and enjoy!!