6-10 Banana Peppers or big green peppers
1 cup Gram Flour
1/2 cup Oil
Sal to taste
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tbsp fennel powder
Pinch of cumin seeds
Pinch of asafoetida
1/2 tsp dry mango powder/Amchur powder
1. Wash all the peppers and pat them dry with a cloth. Now put a slit in the middle of the peppers to remove the seeds.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and asafoetida and saute for a second. Now add turmeric powder and gram flour and saute until the mixture turns light brown in color. To it add salt, coriander and fennel powder and saute again for a minute. Finally add Amchur powder and garam masala to till and give it a good mix. You can turn off the flame and keep it to cool down a bit before you start stuffing your peppers.
3. Now start stuffing all the peppers one by one gently without breaking the peppers in halves. Try stuffing as much of the filling as you can. Make sure they don't open up easily while shallow frying them.
4. Heat a pan on a low flame and put some oil to it. Now place all the stuffed peppers to the pan and cover the lid. Cook them for about 4-5 minutes on low flame. After few minutes flip them to the other side so that both the sides are nicely cooked.
5. They are ready to be served as a side dish with any Indian meal. Goes really well with Parathas or Chapatis.