1/2 cup Black chickpea/Kala channa Dal
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1/4 tsp chili powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp cumin powder
Salt to taste
1 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
2 cups water
1.Wash and soak the black chickpeas overnight.
2. Next morning drain them nicely and pressure cook along with 2 cups of water, pinch of salt and turmeric for 5-6 whistles.
3. Once they are nicely cooked and you can easily mash them with your fingers, keep them aside.
4. Take a frying pan and heat it on medium heat. Now heat oil and add cumin seeds to it. Once they splutter start adding all the other spices one by one and mix well.
5. Now to it add boiled black chickpeas and cook them until all the water dries and all the masala gets coated to the mixture.
6. Once done, garnish with fresh coriander and serve.