1 cup Almonds
2 spoons ghee
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup milk
Pinch of food color or saffron (optional)
2 cups Water
1. Take a cup of almonds and blanch it in 2 cups of boiling water for few minutes.
2. Now peel them and keep them aside on a paper towel to completely dry.
3. Once they are dried, roast them on a medium heat until they turn golden brown. Now take them off from heat and grind it to fine powder.
4. Now in a pan add powdered almonds and sugar and cook it on medium heat stirring it continuously.
5. Once the paste is thickened take it out from the heat and keep it to cool.
6. Now take a butter paper and grease it with some ghee or butter and put in a try or a plate to cast your katli. Once its done, cut it into shapes of your choice.
7. Make this sweet for any Indian festivals and enjoy!