1/2 cup chickpea flour/ besan
1 cup plain yogurt
1 small size chopped onion
½ spoon dry fenugreek leaves or dry mint leaves (Optional)
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
½ teaspoon fenugreek seeds (Optional)
2 tablespoon oil/ghee
Salt to taste
Pinch of turmeric powder
Pinch of coriander powder
Pinch of red chili powder
1 cup of water
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and chopped onions. Sauté until golden brown
- Now add dry crushed mint leaves/fenugreek leaves and mix well.
- Take a bowl and mix yogurt, chickpea flour, water, salt, chili powder, coriander powder and mix well.
- Add this mixture to the pan and cook stirring in between, else it will form lumps.
- Finally add pakoda’s to it (refer my Onion pakoda recipe) you can add besan pakoda also following the same procedure.
- Garnish with anything you like. I like pakoda remains J Nice and crispy. You can see that in the photograph.
- Serve with rice, paratha or roti