1 cup black chickpeas (soaked overnight)
1 cup sour curd preferably- not yogurt
salt to taste
Pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
Pinch of turmeric powder
Pinch of red chili powder
1 teaspoon coriandar powder
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 tablespoon Oil
- Grind soaked black chickpeas into a fine paste and put it in a bowl.
- Now add sour curd, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder and whisk it well.
- Heat oil in a cooking pan and add cumin seeds. Once they crackle, pour your chickpeas mixture to it and mix well. If its too thick then add some water to it and stir it continuously for 5-8 mins on medium heat. Once you start seeing some cream on top and your gravy thickens a bit, turn of the heat and
- Finally add Black Chickpea dumpling/ Pakoda to the curry and close the lid for few mintues for dumplings to become tender
- Goes well with white rice but you can serve it with roti, chapati or paratha as well, Enjoy!!!