1 cup Red kidney beans
4 medium size onions
1tablespoon ginger garlic paste
1 black cardamom
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon red chili powder
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
Salt to taste
- Soak Rajma in water for 5-6 hours or overnight
- Heat oil in a pan and add cardamom, peppercorns and cumin seeds.
- Once cumin seeds splutter add chopped onion and saute till golden brown.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and cook for 2mins
- Add chopped tomato and cook until it becomes a paste
- Now add turmeric powder, chili powder and coriander powder and mix well
- Finally add soaked red kidney beans and mix well again
- Close the lid and cook for 20mins
- Goes well with rice. You can serve with roti, chapatti, paratha also.