4 cups All purpose flour/ Maida
3/4 cup butter/ghee in room temp
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
3 cups sugar
Oil/Ghee for frying
Luke warm water as required
1. Take a mixing bowl and add all purpose flour, ghee, baking soda, yogurt and mix well.
2. Now with the help of water, knead it to a soft dough and keep it aside for 20 minutes
3. After 20 mins take out the dough and knead it again and make into small balls and make a slight dent in the center with the thumb.
4. Now deep fry them in a medium heat till golden brown.
5. Now prepare one string sugar syrup and soak the balushais for 20-30 minutes.
6. Take them out and garnish with silver leaf or pistachio.