lotus roots 500gm (Fresh or frozen any)
3-4 medium size onions
1-2 tomatoes pureed
2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
1 cinnamon stick
2 -4 cloves
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon coriander powder
chili powder as per your taste
salt to taste
1 tbsp ghee
pinch of turmeric powder
1 cup water
- Heat oil in a pan and add cinnamon stick, cardamon, cloves and peppercorns. Once you get nice aroma add cumin seeds.
- When they splutter nicely add finely chopped onions and cook until they are golden brown and tender.
- Add tomatoe pury and ginger garlic paste. cook until you see some oil floating.
- Now add rest of the spices. turmeric powder, coriandar, salt, chilli powder and garam masala and mix well and cook for a min.
- Add diced lotus roots to the masala and mix again. Close the lid and cook for 6-7 mins.
- Now open the lid and give it a nice mix again and cook until water evoporates and roots get nicely roasted with masala.
- Finally, add 1 cup water to it and again cook for 5 more mins and top it with ghee. Goes well with any bread -roti, chapati, paratha etc.