1 cup Besan/ Gram flour
4-5 large Pakchoy leaves (you can take spinach, arbi or any green leafy vegetable)
1 green chili chopped(optional)
Salt to taste
1 tbsp Oil
Pinch of turmeric powder
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
4-5 chopped garlic cloves
Pinch of asafoetida
water as required
1. Make a smooth but not too thick besan batter by adding besan, salt, turmeric powder and asafoetida.
2. Now, slightly crush the veins of the leaves to make it easier to roll.
3. Apply the besan batter to one leave and then place another leave on to the first one and spread the batter again and repeat the same for rest of the leaves and roll them tightly and keep it aside.
4. Now, steam the roll in the steamer for 10-20 minutes till it becomes firm.
5. Keep them aside to cool and cut them into thick slices.
6. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and once they splutter add asafoetida, chopped garlic cloves and green chilies.
7. Now, add the patrode pieces and toss them gently and garnish.