2 medium size bitter gourd/melon (I have used Chinese variety)
1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
1 finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon green chili paste( optional)
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tbsp Amchur powder( dry mango)
1 tbsp fennel powder
Salt to taste
2 tablespoon oil
1. Wash and scrape the bitter gourd from outside and cut it into halves . Now scoop out the insides to make it hollow.
2. If you don't like the bitter taste of bitter gourd then you make sprinkle some salt on the scarped bitter gourds and keep them aside for 10-15 minutes.
3. For the stuffing. Take a medium size pan and put some oil in it. Now add chopped onions and saute until they are translucent. Once done add ginger garlic paste and green chili paste and cook for 2-3 minutes. Make sure it doesn't burn. Now add all the dry spices( coriander powder, cumin powder, fennel powder, turmeric powder, amchur powder and salt. give it a good mix and cook for another minute, to it add scraped and scooped bitter melon to it and cook until the mixture is cooked well. Keep it aside to cool.
4. Now drain the water from the bitter gourds and pat them dry.
5. You can now fill the stuffing into the bitter gourds and if required tie it with a thread.
6. Spray some oil in a big pan and shallow fry your stuffed bitter gourds. Serve them hot with parathas.