• 1/2 Liter milk
• 3 tbsp lemon juice
• 2 tsp Maida (All Purpose Flour )
• 1/4 tsp essence you like or cardamom powder (Choti Iliachi)
• 1 Cup Water
• 1 Cup Sugar
• Boil ½ liter milk in a pan.
• Now add 3 tbsp lemon juice, stirring slowly and gently till paneer (cottage cheese) separates from the milk.
• Now turn off the heat and strain it through a strainer.
• Make sure all the water from the paneer is drained.
• Now knead it to make soft dough.
• Combine maida (2 tsp all purpose flour) with it and knead again. Keep it aside for few mins covered.
• Make small rounded balls from the dough, keep aside.
• The balls should not have any cracks in it.
• Now combine sugar and water in a saucepan and boil it.
• Add cheese balls to the syrup and cook it for about 30 minutes with lid partially covered.
• Add essence or cardamom powder and turn the heat off.
• Allow to cool and serve . You can also refrigerate it and serve chilled.