4 medium size boiled mashed potatoes
1 tbsp ginger paste
4 garlic cloves flaked or chopped
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp Coriander powder
1 chopped green chili
1 tsp mustard seeds
Oil 3-4 tbsp
For the batter
100 grams Besan/gram flour
3 tbsp Rice flour
pinch of baking soda
salt to taste
1/2 cup water
Oil for deep frying
Pav or buns to serve
1. Take a pan or a kadai and add 3-4 tbsp of oil. When hot add mustard seeds, green chilies, all the spices, ginger paste and chopped garlic cloves.
2. Now to it add the mashed potato and chopped coriander and mix well and keep it aside to cool down a bit.
3. Now form tennis size balls with the potato mixture and keep them aside.
4. Make the batter with the gram flour, rice flour, baking soda, salt and water. The mixture should not be too runny but like a pancake batter.
5. Now dip the potato balls in the batter and deep fry in medium heat until nice n crisp and golden in color.
6. Serve them with chutney and Pav.