1 liter Milk
1 tablespoon cream
1 teaspoon Cardamom seeds
3 tablespoons clarified butter
2 tablespoons Raisins
2 tablespoons Almonds
2 tablespoons Cashew nut
2 tablespoons Pistachios
450 grams Sugar
Preparation of carrot halwa :
• Wash carrots and then grate or shred them. Grate it just before when you are ready to cook halwa. If you keep grated carrots out for long they might get dried up.
• Roast Almonds, Cashew nut and Pistachios and keep them aside. You can use any other nuts you like but Almonds and Cashew really adds to the flavor. You can also use roasted nuts.
• In a cooking pan add ghee and put grated carrots and sort them for 2 mins.
• Now add the milk. Cook on a low flame until milk is reduced to less than half. Keep stirring occasionally. Add sugar, mix well and cook till the sugar has dissolved and all the milk has been absorbed.
• Add ghee and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the shredded nuts and mix well.
• Remove the Carrot halwa from heat and arrange in a serving dish. Garnish with almonds and pistachios. Serve cold, hot or at room temperature.